written for today’s ds106 Daily Create.
If I were given a do-over for today, I have to say that I’d wake up earlier, start writing sooner and write and write and write.
(But I’d probably sleep later and eat more chocolate.)
Or maybe I’d say something grand. Climb a mountain.
(But really the foothills-called-mountains are less than a day hike.)
If I were given a do-over, I’d watch the sunrise from the top of Mt. Fuji. If the do-over went back to the morning when I really did. I’d have a better camera and drink an extra bottle of hot vitamin C. And I’d write better poetry. And go into that love hotel the night before Super Bowl XL.
(But I only get today, conditionally.)
- Mt. Fuji to launch its own official website for climbing enthusiasts(japandailypress.com)
- Proposed ban may keep climbers off Mt. Fuji except in summer(japandailypress.com)
- Code Unknown: Tutelage (Old Standbys)(poetryfoundation.org)
- Tetris Effect + Genetics: Why We Write(poetryfoundation.org)
- How to Profit from Writing Negative Poetry Reviews(elizabethkateswitaj.net)
- Flying over Mt. Fuji(madeinmatsue.com)